Lab Tour Field Trips at Doc Burnstein’s Ice Cream Lab = FUN!
Since we receive a large number of requests to visit ant tour the Ice Cream Lab, we’ve compiled the following information to make the visit go smoothly for everyone, and make for the best possible experience. Tours of our new Orcutt Location will be available soon, please call us for details.
What Happens During a Lab Tour?
- Learn the History of Ice Cream
- Discuss the Ingredients in Ice Cream
- Explain the Science of Making Ice Cream
- Demonstrate Making Ice Cream in the Lab (our manufacturing room)
- Sampling Ice Cream Right Out of the Machine
- Participate in Making Waffle Cones
- Everyone gets a Scoop of their Favorite Flavor
- Enjoy Ice Cream and ask Questions of the Doc
How Long is a Lab Tour?
Plan for a full hour at the parlor. The instructional portion of the tour is about 45 minutes, followed by enjoying ice cream and individual questions with the Doc for another 10-15 minutes.
How Many Can be Accommodated?
The party and manufacturing rooms can hold up to 25 guests. Since we dedicate two employees for an hour for Tours, we require a minimum of 10 guests. If you have over 25 guests, we can book back-to-back Tours.
What is the Cost?
The fee is $5.00/guest (which includes Chaperones). Public and Private School groups, and Licensed Home School groups are eligible for a subsidized Lab Tour at $4.00/guest.
When Can a Lab Tour be Booked?
We host Lab Tours on weekdays starting at 12:00, 1:00 or 2:00. Due to the high demand for Tours, we are limited to two per day, and four per month. Available times are booked on a first-come, first served basis.
How Do You Book a Lab Tour?
Complete the Lab Tour Field Trip Request Form and fax to Doc Burnstein’s Ice Cream Lab.