Want to work for the Doc?
- Looking for a GREAT JOB?
- Like to have FUN while you work?
- Do you scream for ICE CREAM?
The Doc is accepting applications!
Please read our employment notice (immediately below) and download the pdf job application.
How to get a job at Doc Burnstein’s Ice Cream Lab
At Doc Burnstein’s Ice Cream Lab we insist on having fun as we strive to give every customer a special and memorable experience. If you are looking for a job where you will make people smile, have fun and are rewarded according to your effort, read on to see if you are what we are looking for.
We hire employees that are creative, ambitious, friendly, and service-oriented. You must like ice cream, (who doesn’t!), enjoy working with people, and be willing to take on responsibility. Experience in any of the following is a plus: retail food or coffee sales, party planning, cake decorating, making people smile.
We have openings for part-time or full-time shifts during store hours of 11:00am to 10:30pm. You must be willing to work a minimum of 15 hours per week.
Rules on Appearance
Doc Burnstein’s Ice Cream Lab is a family-friendly establishment with old-fashioned charm. Appearances matter to our customers and how you look is part of the customer’s initial impression of our business. Therefore, every employee must abide by certain rules and regulations
concerning appearance while on the job.
- You must be able to project an image that fits with the family-friendly theme. We specifically prohibit visible tattoos or facial piercing (except earrings).
- Personal hygiene and appearance are important. You must keep a clean appearance, including neatly trimmed and clean hair and nails.
- Our workplace is drug-free, alcohol-free, and tobacco-free. No evidence or odor of these substances can be present while at work.
- Uniforms, consisting of a collared shirt will be worn during working hours. Employees will be expected to wear clean, good condition khaki or black slacks. Jeans are not permitted.
How to Apply
To apply, view the “Applicant Video” located at the top of this page. Once viewed, download and complete an application form. Get your completed application to the Arroyo Grande parlor, either drop it off in person, mail it or fax it. You will be contracted by phone or e-mail if we desire an interview with you.